About This Blog

This blog is for His Glory!

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

When the Rooster Cocks

It’s already 5:30 in the morning. The sun is diminutive mounting in the east. You smell the sweet aroma of the breeze coming from your half-opened window. You hear the rooster cocks, the house living alarm clock. You rise up, get a whiff of the freshly baked bread and brewed coffee. You then conclude, “What a great and peaceful day”.

Time flies so fast and you find yourself in the midst of rushing environment, a very hastening one. No sun rays can be seen as it is block by the tallest building around you. Fragrant winds are substituted by a polluted one. No natural alarm clock. You hurry yourself to have a grab of biscuit and a 3-in-1 coffee. You sigh and said, “Why I need to experience this every day?”

Transitions and adjustments are sometimes too difficult to embrace. Oftentimes, you need to easily shift from one environment to another as it is what the current scenario is provoking you. You have to have a bulk of courage and endurance to pursue changes. A strong heart, focused mind and capable body are just few of the things you should possess.

For almost eight years of my life, I struggle this battle. I am so attached with the slow pace life, but, opportunities lead me to go with the flow of rushing days. I cried hard every single day missing the life of a typical province girl. I love my life there, but I learn more when I seize the day of a metropolitan population. Learning’s, yes, I’ve learned a lot. I’ve seen different people, rubbing elbows with them. My knowledge cup flows more and more. I became more in love with the wisdom urbanity can provide. But most of all, I grow more in love with Great Provider. No distinct days have I missed calling Him. He stood by me, and until now, He is standing by my side.

I yearn to hear the rooster cocks once again. That even though I am not in my hometown, I’ll be able to perceive that sound as it reminds me of my life there and the majestic solemnity that God is offering me every time I am in the province.

I close my eyes that day. Until early in the morning…

I heed the wonderful noise of the rooster in the midst of a busy atmosphere.

Thank you Lord. I love you.

1 comment:

jarg said...

Very true by, God's grace and His love will enable us to hurdle with through seasons of life :)