About This Blog

This blog is for His Glory!

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Small Beginnings… Bigger Endings

A puppy into a dog. A caterpillar into a butterfly. A seed into a tree. A stone into a home.

Have you ever noticed how things come from little start? How great things are created on small mini stuff? If you don’t, well, I advise you to read this post.

I am fixing my stuffs until I observed an old box beneath my bed. I check out its content, and to my surprise, it’s my collection of scribbled notes, sermons, letters, etc. I opened the little notebook I have there, and started to read some poems and stories that I’ve written in the past. One that caught me most is the poem of a stone talking to God. Here it goes.

**
One day, a little stone ask God
Lord, why I am little, why I am sad?
I don’t know why you create me, or why I am here
I just need to know my existence; I need you to be near

Why I am small, why I’m not strong?
I can’t do anything, always wrong
I am not recognize with my tiny size
And my playmates always tease me I am not nice

I am constantly at the back so no one can see
Because I am ugly, and so itsy bitsy
So please explain me why you made me like this
Because I really don’t feel at ease

Then God hear the little stone hurt
And tries to console his heart
He picked him up and let him saw the future
Because God is wise, it’s His nature

The little stone was amazed by what he saw
He can’t imagine the future, still in awe
He was part of a great kingdom built
A sanctuary for the Great King

The little stone cried and talked again to God
“I’m sorry from the bottom of my heart”
“You are special, you are strong”, the Lord replied
“You just need to be trust me, and know that you belong”.

**
We may sometimes be sad because we think we cannot do right things because we are small. But think of the mustard seed that became a great tree. The Great King has the best plans for us. We just need to have faith and know that we belong to him. From there, His Kingdom will be established.






1 comment:

hessedjoy said...

What a wonderful message! Continue to write and discover your God-given talent. Take care sis and visit my website on multiply. :)