About This Blog

This blog is for His Glory!

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

My Brother’s Laugh

You are just seven years old when God talked to you and said, “My child, I will entrust a special gift to you. Remember that this one is a very exceptional present. This is fragile; you need to handle it with care. In my own perfect time, he will bloom, and I need you to assist him”. What will then be your reaction?

I was shocked. I am only seven years old when we thought that in the family, it will only be me and my eldest sister. It was just a plain day, a magical indeed, when we were blessed by a cute little angel, a baby boy crafted in God’s perfect hand. We named him Dexter, which is derived from the Greek Word Dexi meaning worship. And from that time, I became his eldest sister.

He grew up, he started to discover and learn things around him, the environment he belongs. He began to find out his innate talents, a guitarist, and an ear for music. He little by little appreciates the gift of wisdom, and the future that awaits him. In small steps, he began to draw near to his Creator. And I was there, in every milestones of his life.

We are just the same as with other siblings. We do have quarrels, and oftentimes, a silent war. I used to write notes to him for the words that I can't explain vocal. I knew he read it. And keep it.

Yesterday, I saw tiredness in his eyes. He was so exhausted with the 8:00pm study schedule. I was in my bed waiting for him so that we could have our dinner together. He enters the door so swiftly without dropping any word. He slump his bag, and directly go to the dining table. I thought he is mad at me. But then, he smiled and hugs me so warm. He started to share all his experiences, dilemmas, and funny moments in school. We started to laugh with all the events that are happening.

We call the day off. Dex asks me to sleep near to him. So, I got up and get a pillow. Until I found myself hugging my little brother.

Yes, I love the sound of his laugh. But most of all, I love my brother’s body, spirit and soul.

No comments: