About This Blog

This blog is for His Glory!

Monday, July 5, 2010

Bread talk

Alms, alms, alms. Spare me a piece of bread. Spare me your mercy.

This popular line was derived from a declamation piece Vengeance is not ours, its God, a high school melodramatic piece that is being performed many years ago. Bursting in emotions, this was delivered with full of heartaches, tears and hatred. Well, I myself used to recite this during a competition held in our school, on top on The Inevitable Day oratorical piece.

That’s it...Does it make sense after all?

Well, reflecting on the above lines, I wonder why the author used the word BREAD as an item to be spared of. Basically, he could pick “Spare me a piece of MONEY”, or “Spare me some DRINK’. Maybe “Spare me a piece of CLOTHING” and many more. What’s with bread then? Questions keep on banging in my head. I still can’t find the answer.


Until…

4:00pm, July 5, 2010. I am still busy working with numerous transactions and tons of accounting, balancing, numbers, closing and etc. I am hungry but I can’t go to buy some foods to relieve my appetite. I went to my Mommy Janey’s work station and ask if she have something to nibble. And oh, out of her gratitude and kind hearted mom, she gave me bread, pandesal with mayo.

***

Bread. One of Filipinos basic foods, a substitute to rice and corn, a source of carbohydrates. Almost all of us are eating this kind of provision. A source of strength and energy, it gives us power to endure the whole day activity and carry on with our daily tasks. Pondering on these things, bread can really please our physical desires. However, have we asked ourselves about the bread that would satisfy our spiritual life?

In John 6:25-59, John and the people there are eagerly waiting for the food that will last. They are consistently asking Jesus of that magic bread that will satisfy their cravings and enough for their needs. They wanted Jesus to perform the miraculous things that happened to their ancestors, the manna and quail thing. Little did they know that the person they are talking with is the BREAD that will last forever. Jesus is not the bread that will spoil nor rotten, He is the one that will suffice all the needs that we have. He is not just a food for the body, but definitely, He is food for our souls. What we just need is to accept the food, and share it to others.

Yes, the Great King is definitely our BREAD.

***
I and my younger brother enjoyed the bread that we take. But what excites me more, is the fact the Jesus is the provider of all these things. And most of all, HE is the food of our souls.

LONG LIVE GREAT KING!


1 comment:

Rachel said...

heyee. just read your post. wow so you used to perform declamations then? we also performed those in highschool. very meaningful post you got there. now I understand wny you and darby became close. :]