About This Blog

This blog is for His Glory!

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Authentic Heart

“You may be genuine to them, but not all people are authentic”

Authenticity… The quality of being authentic or of established authority for truth and correctness. It is an undisputed credibility, of genuiness and reliability. It’s a state of being valid, faithful and trustworthy. And basically, being honest, being true.

Have you ever come to a point that you feel something, somewhere; somehow, not authentic? Perhaps, you would say yes. Because in this world, not all things are genuine. There are many imitations, bogus, artificial, synthetic. Foods, clothing, houses, monies, work, companies, medicines, books, faces, lifestyle, music…almost everything. But what hurt’s most is the authenticity of the heart. Sad to say, yes.

We can make a “replica” of our heart, of our attitudes, of our emotions, and of how we deal to other people. We can counterfeit the feelings we have when we converse to a particular person, change moods depending on what response we want to get. We can fool people, we can make believe. I can do that, you can do that. We can do that. And it sucks…its painful.

I received a message today regarding the people’s authenticity. Somehow, I just felt a little sad. What I am with the people around is the true me, no hidden masks or any social bubble. Well, there are times I am guilty of that, but my conscience speaks up whenever I’m doing that. But I tell you, I will be sad if those entire groups I deal with, people I have interacted with are not genuine. Hello, all of us will be upset if someone will just play around and deceive us. But that’s the commodity people are displaying.

So, what are we going to do? As the bible speaks up, be shrewd like snakes and be innocent like doves (Matthew 10:16). Though people can deceived us, only Jesus sets the true meaning of authenticity. Only Him can display and love us the very true way. And He can break barriers of fraud and deception. He is strong. He is true.

Well, I pray that all persons I am dealing with are true and genuine. But nevertheless, my prayer will always be “Lord, give me an authentic heart, that I may serve You and Your vineyard with a true soul”.

No comments: