About This Blog

This blog is for His Glory!

Saturday, July 17, 2010

Acquitted…are you?

Order in the court...Order in the court…

I therefore swear to state the truth, and nothing but the truth. So help me God…

I dream of becoming a lawyer someday. That is the reason why I took the course I am exercising with as a profession, as people said that this is a Pre-Law path. I love to defend people when they are in trouble provided that they are on right position and not guilty of the crime they are being accused of. I love to search for supporting documents, evidences, testimonials of witnesses and the like. I regarded that becoming a lawyer is a vocation, a ministry, rather than profession.

So, that’s it. Did you get my point why I started this post like that? :D and how it is related with the word acquitted I am mentioning?

Well, for us to better understand, my thoughts lingered with the word acquitted after reading a Matthew 18. Normally, we used to hear the word acquitted in a lawsuit, in a courtroom. There are plaintiffs, the one who filed the case, the defendants or the one being sued, the counsels for each party, the witnesses, clerks, sheriffs and judge. And the most awaited portion is the time the verdict will be given, Guilty or not guilty.

ACQUITTED. A pardon, declaring not guilty at all. Blameless, innocent. Sometimes I just wonder what will be the courtroom scenario in heaven… ahh,,will there be stuffs, judges, witnesses there? I kept on thinking weird things, and inquiring my inner soul about it.

Until

God answered me in a very special way. He gave me a vision, a thought, a situation. I am the defendant, the one who made the mistake, the one who created trouble, the one who sinned. And I found Jesus as my counsel, the one who takes care of my case, the one who justifies me with God as the judge. But the amazing thing that happens, though I should be verdict as guilty, God declares that I AM ACQUITTED. Why? Because my lawyer bear the weight of my sin. He is…

Now, I am living an acquitted life. Are you?

1 comment:

jarg said...

you can be a very good lawyer by ko.:)