About This Blog

This blog is for His Glory!

Friday, June 4, 2010

Who’s with you in your future?

Thank God it’s FRIDAY!

Friday is always been one of the exciting day for me. As a young professional who’s working in Makati, living independently in a rented studio type apartment, eating dinner alone with your IPOD attached to mini speaker, I constantly awaits for Friday to arrive as it gives me a hint that working days is over and I’ll be going home in our province. Yeah, I always look forward for a spectacular weekend to spend with my family. Well, for other yuppies like me, Friday is a night out mode, party and wild stuffs. But I choose a party in my own way, a gathering I understand fully.

Oopss… so how’s the title of this blog relate with this whole Friday thingy???

It goes like this.

I am riding the LRT one Friday afternoon to reach the Victory bus station in Caloocan until one weird thought came in my mind that almost shook my sanity. Yep, super bizarre. I was kinda struck out why it crossed my mind, why he crossed my mind. He lingers my thought that whole Friday, maybe because I bump his FB account and saw his new status there. Well, I don’t have any not-so-good intention, I just remember those days, long long time ago.

I was third Year College then, when he took courage to stand and got to know me. We were classmates then, both Accounting students, a tough course I guess. We talk, we laugh, and we converse. During our “got to know” dialogue, we found out that we have the same ride going to our home. So, then, we just found ourselves riding the same jeepney going home. He used to wait me before classes ends, and that effort makes him more recognize by me. Exchange of ideas continues. Hobbies, likes, dreams, etc. We both also love to sing. He played guitar and use to hum notes so melodically. We jive then. Our genre of interests binds us more. And one more, we study together. There was one time when he used to spend four hours in our home to study and finish our research. It was really fun then.

Well, to cut the story short, we just found ourselves in the same feeling. But, that was ended. And the ending was painful. It was really hurting that to be honest, I’m still sensing a part of it.

That’s it.

Now, let’s go back to the LRT ride. Okay. I’m wondering why we didn’t last forever, why waiting is so hard for him. I guess we are just not meant to be.

Now, who’s with me in the future?

Until, I find myself uttering a prayer. Lord, I trust you with all my heart that I know, even the soul mate of my heart are in Your mighty hands. Lord, I know You ultimately know who’s gonna be with me in the future. And Lord, as you prepare Him, prepare me as well. Until the sweet memory of our eyes meet, and the blood pumps excitingly in our heart. Until such time, we are going to be with each other’s arm, gearing toward the future of worshipping you.

I ended the LRT ride, and got to ride the Victory bus. I paid for my ticket, I bought my food, I seated on No.6 seat. I smiled. I rested. And I thank HIM for him, in advance.

No comments: