About This Blog

This blog is for His Glory!

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Got Renewed!

I was busy doing my paper works when our company messenger dropped in my workstation and delivered something. It was a small card handed by him, of which I am excited to accept, plus curious what is it about. So as a norm, he asked me to sign the delivery sheet substantiating that I’ve already received the package. After that, he gave me the card and alas, it was my new PRC License ID. I’ve checked in the details and found all are correct and in order, i.e. my name is correctly spelled out (Donnabele Cristobal Amgao), License number is right, birth date and the expiration date is accurate, profession is exact, and the photo attached is my lovely formal shot. It was perfect! Seeing that card makes me feel that I’m already renewed with my profession, and with that, I can continue to exercise my career as an Accountant. Added to that is because this is a valid government ID, I can present it to all official engagements I’ll be dealing with.

So, that’s it. I am renewed with my vocation. At the back of my mind, I am thinking, how can I relate this picky thing in my life with my daily life experiences, particularly my spiritual growth? Wait, let me rephrase. Since you will be reading this blog, I am thinking how I can relate it, to OUR spiritual growth. I close my eyes then, for 10mins… Blink 3 times ...Until I found myself writing (don’t worry, its lunch break).


Renew. When we heard the word renew, we basically think of words like replenish, restore, mend, renovate, restart, recharge, revive, rejuvenate. Notice that in each word describe, there two letters constant, i.e. RE. In English vocabulary, RE means again. When you say again, something has already happened in the past and you’re just doing it another time. It’s like renewing expired driver’s license, renewing vows and marriage, and the like.
In the bible, we can find many stories of renewing covenant to God. Both in old and new testament, it was explained in details how the Israelites renewed their commitment to God. They do sometimes offer burnt offerings and sacrifices in times they are committing sins in order to rectify their lost relationship to and with Him. Well, basically, that’s it. However, in the New Testament, we could find different perspective of renewed bond with God. It was Jesus, who mediates us to have a renewed commitment with God… to be saved…for He is the way, the truth, and the light.


It is so amazing to have Jesus with us. And renewing our vows and devotion to Him serves as our dedication and worship to His never ending love and affection. :)

Alas, my PRC licensed is already renewed. But my heart and spirit will continue to renew and devote my life to Him, more than before.

5 comments:

Karen Aquino said...

nice! kala ko ako yung "deep thinker" mas deep ka po pala ate.. imagine, napakadeep ng iniisip mo during lunch break!..hehe.. thanks for writing this... it "renewed" my thoughts...

Donnabele said...

hahaha..napadaan lang yun sis! muahugs..xoxo

Darby said...

Galing and Congratulations for your new ID! Let me see it on saturday!

RESTART!

Unknown said...

wow, ganda naman..restart nga ako hehehe!

btw: how much po yung nikon slr ninyo? thanks!

Donnabele said...

hello kuya sherwin..thank you po!..

Yung SLR? mura lang..hehehe..:D